On Demand $995.00
Virtual Class $1,795.00
Class Room $2,495.00
Gain hands-on expertise in CompTIA Security+ certification exam by course and performance-based labs. Performance-based labs simulate real-world, hardware, software & command line interface environments and can be mapped to any text-book, course & training. CompTIA Security+ is an entry-level, international, vendor-neutral credential designed for IT security professionals to identify risk, participate in risk mitigation activities, provide infrastructure, information, operational, and application security. CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 exam covers the application of security controls to maintain confidentiality, integrity, and availability; identification of appropriate technologies and products; troubleshooting security events and incidents, and many more.
In this course, students will use fundamental security principles to install and configure cybersecurity controls and participate in incident response and risk mitigation.
- Compare and contrast attacks.
- Compare and contrast security controls.
- Use security assessment tools.
- Explain basic cryptography concepts.
- Implement a public key infrastructure.
- Implement identity and access management controls.
- Manage access services and accounts.
- Implement a secure network architecture.
- Install and configure security appliances.
- Install and configure wireless and physical access security.
- Deploy secure host, mobile, and embedded systems.
- Implement secure network access protocols.
- Implement secure network applications.
- Explain risk management and disaster recovery concepts.
- Describe secure application development concepts.
- Explain organizational security concepts.
- No required prerequisites for Security+ certification
- Recommended: CompTIA Network+ Certification and 2 years of technical networking experience with an emphasis on security, or equivalent knowledge, is recommended.
- Lectures 98
- Domains 5
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 40 hours
- Skill level Entry Level
- Language English
- Brochure Download
- Students 901
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
2: Introduction to Security
3: Computer Systems Security Part I
4: Computer Systems Security Part II
5: OS Hardening and Virtualization
6: Application Security
7: Network Design Elements
8: Networking Protocols and Threats
9: Network Perimeter Security
10: Securing Network Media and Devices
11: Physical Security and Authentication Models
12: Access Control Methods and Models
13: Vulnerability and Risk Assessment
14: Monitoring and Auditing
15: Encryption and Hashing Concepts
16: PKI and Encryption Protocols
17: Redundancy and Disaster Recovery
19: Policies and Procedures