Gain hands-on expertise in CompTIA Security+ certification exam by course and performance-based labs. Performance-based labs simulate real-world, hardware, software & command line interface environments and can be mapped to any text-book, course & training. CompTIA Security+ is an entry-level, international, vendor-neutral credential designed for IT security professionals to identify risk, participate in risk mitigation activities, provide infrastructure, information, operational, and application security. CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 exam covers the application of security controls to maintain confidentiality, integrity, and availability; identification of appropriate technologies and products; troubleshooting security events and incidents, and many more.
This course includes FREE access for 12 months to a cloud-based lab platform to assist students to develop the practical information technology (IT) skills necessary to succeed in high in demand IT jobs. This cloud-based lab solution uses real equipment that enables our students to execute each practical task in a safe environment that is accessible from anywhere without needing to buy their own hardware or risk damage to their own system.
Along with providing the necessary hardware in a virtual environment, students gain access to high-quality practical exercises that cover many of the exam topics they will encounter on their certifying exams.
In this course, students will use fundamental security principles to install and configure cybersecurity controls and participate in incident response and risk mitigation.
- Compare and contrast attacks.
- Compare and contrast security controls.
- Use security assessment tools.
- Explain basic cryptography concepts.
- Implement a public key infrastructure.
- Implement identity and access management controls.
- Manage access services and accounts.
- Implement a secure network architecture.
- Install and configure security appliances.
- Install and configure wireless and physical access security.
- Deploy a secure host, mobile, and embedded systems.
- Implement secure network access protocols.
- Implement secure network applications.
- Explain risk management and disaster recovery concepts.
- Describe secure application development concepts.
- Explain organizational security concepts.