The Certified Application Security Engineer (CASE .NET) credential tests the critical security skills and knowledge required throughout a typical software development life cycle (SDLC), focusing on the importance of the implementation of secure methodologies and practices in today’s insecure operating environment.
The CASE certified training program is developed concurrently to prepare software professionals with the necessary capabilities that are expected by employers and academia globally. It is designed to be a hands-on, comprehensive application security course that will help software professionals create secure applications.
The training program encompasses security activities involved in all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC): planning, creating, testing, and deploying an application.
Unlike other application security training, CASE goes beyond just the guidelines on secure coding practices and includes secure requirement gathering, robust application design, and handling security issues in post-development phases of application development.
.Net is the Microsoft programming platform for both Windows applications and Web programming. With the ubiquitous nature of Windows, secure .Net programming is clearly a critical skillset. CASE.Net will teach you the skills to write secure .Net applications.
After taking this course, students will gain:
- Immediate Credibility: The CASE program affirms that you are indeed an expert in application security. It also demonstrates the skills that you possess for employers globally.
- Pertinent Knowledge: Through the CASE certification and training program, you will be able to expand your application security knowledge.
- Multifaceted Skills: CASE can be applied to a wide variety of platforms, such as mobile applications, web applications, IoT devices, and many more.
- A Holistic Outlook: Ranging from pre-deployment to post-deployment security techniques, covering every aspect of the secure –software development life cycle, CASE arms you with the necessary skills to build a secure application.
- Better Protect and Defend: By making an application more secure you are also helping defend both organizations and individuals globally. As a CASE, it is in your hands to protect and defend and ultimately help build a safer world.