Earning the HCISPP healthcare cybersecurity certification is a proven way to build your career and show employers you’re at the forefront of protecting patient health information and navigating a complex regulatory environment.
The HCISPP is the only certification that combines cybersecurity skills with privacy best practices and techniques. It demonstrates you have the knowledge and ability to implement, manage, and assess security and privacy controls to protect healthcare organizations using policies and procedures established by the cybersecurity experts at (ISC)².
Prove your skills, advance your career, and gain support from a community of cybersecurity leaders here to help you throughout your professional journey.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Conceptualize the diversity in the healthcare industry. To achieve this, learners will gain knowledge of the diverse types of healthcare organizations, types of technologies, how information and data flows and is managed, how data is exchanged, and the levels of protection required for that data.
- Identify and describe the relevant legal and regulatory requirements regarding healthcare information. These requirements are necessary to ensure that the organization’s policies and procedures are in compliance and that all trans-border data exchange procedures are followed.
- Describe security and privacy concept principles as they relate to the healthcare industry. Learners will be able to understand the relationship between security and privacy, and how to manage and handle all information requiring data protection in the healthcare industry.
- Identify how organizations manage information risk, and what security and privacy governance mean for that information. Learners will be introduced to basic risk management methods and lifecycles, and the activities that support these concepts.
- Describe risk assessment, and the risk assessment practices and procedures for an organization.
- Identify concepts for managing third-party relationships. Learners will gain knowledge regarding concepts pertaining to their use of information, any additional security and privacy assurances, third-party assessments, third-party security and privacy events, and recognize the mitigation process of third-party risks.
Not everyone is eligible for every exam, thus it is important to know about eligibility requirements beforehand. For your convenience, we have provided all the relevant details below:
Firstly, the candidate must have a minimum of two years of work experience in knowledge areas of the HCISPP.
Secondly, a candidate that doesn’t have the required experience may become an Associate of (ISC)² by passing the HCISPP examination. After that, the Associate of (ISC)² will have three years to earn the two years of the required experience.
- Lectures 35
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 40 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 150
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes