On Demand $895.00
Virtual Class $1,795.00
Class Room $2,395.00
The new CompTIA Linux+ is for the IT pro who will use Linux to manage everything from cars and smartphones to servers and supercomputers, as a vast number of enterprises use Linux in the cloud, cybersecurity, mobile, and web administration applications.
In the new CompTIA Linux+, candidates are only required to pass one exam for certification. However, the new certification is no longer eligible for the LPI 2-for-1 offer.
- CompTIA Linux+ is the only job-focused Linux certification covering the latest foundational skills demanded by hiring managers.
- Unlike other certifications, the new exam includes performance-based and multiple-choice questions to identify the employees who can do the job.
- The exam covers tasks associated with all major distributions of Linux, setting the foundation for advanced vendor/distro-specific knowledge.
CompTIA Linux+ covers common tasks in major distributions of Linux, including the Linux command line, basic maintenance, installing and configuring workstations, and networking.
- Configure kernel modules, network parameters, storage, cloud, and virtualization technologies
- Manage software and services, and explain server roles, job scheduling, and the use and operation of Linux devices
- Understand best practices for permissions and authentication, firewalls, and file management.
- Analyze system properties and processes and troubleshoot user, application, and hardware issues
- Execute basic BASH scripts, version control using Git, and orchestration processes
- Lectures 27
- Domains 5
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 40 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Brochure Download
- Students 200
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
1.0 Hardware and System Configuration
- Explain Linux boot process concepts.
- Given a scenario, install, configure, and monitor kernel modules.
- Given a scenario, configure and verify network connection parameters.
- Given a scenario, manage storage in a Linux environment.
- Compare and contrast cloud and virtualization concepts and technologies.
- Given a scenario, configure localization options.
2.0 Systems Operation and Maintenance
- Given a scenario, conduct software installations, configurations, updates, and removals.
- Given a scenario, manage users and groups.
- Given a scenario, create, modify, and redirect files.
- Given a scenario, manage services.
- Summarize and explain server roles.
- Given a scenario, automate and schedule jobs.
- Explain the use and operation of Linux devices.
- Compare and contrast Linux graphical user interfaces.
- Given a scenario, apply or acquire the appropriate user and/or group permissions and ownership.
- Given a scenario, configure and implement appropriate access and authentication methods.
- Summarize security best practices in a Linux environment.
- Given a scenario, implement logging services.
- Given a scenario, implement and configure Linux firewalls.
- Given a scenario, backup, restore, and compress files.
4.0 Linux Troubleshooting and Diagnostics
5.0 Automation and Scripting