CompTIA Combo Certcamp – Network+ & Security+ (5 Day Course)
On Demand $899.00
Virtual Class $1,995.00
Class Room $2,495.00
CompTIA Security+ covers network security concepts, threats and vulnerabilities, access control, identity management, cryptography, and much more. Although CompTIA does not impose any prerequisites, the organization recommends that cert candidates obtain the Network+ credential and have at least two years of IT administration experience with a security focus. To obtain the Security+ certification candidates must pass on exam, SY0-501.
Many IT professionals start with the A+ certification. While the A+ credential is recommended, if you have the experience and don’t feel a need for the A+, you can move directly to the CompTIA Network+ certification. It’s geared toward professionals who have at least nine months of networking experience. A candidate must be familiar with networking technologies, media, topologies, security, installation and configuration, and troubleshooting of common wired and wireless network devices. The Network+ certification is recommended or required by Dell, HP, and Intel, and is also an accepted entry-point certification for the Apple Consultants Network. The Network+ credential meets the ISO 17024 standard and just like the A+, it is recognized by the U.S. DoD. A single exam is required to earn the certification.
In this course, students will use fundamental security principles to install and configure cybersecurity controls and participate in incident response and risk mitigation.
- Compare and contrast attacks.
- Compare and contrast security controls.
- Use security assessment tools.
- Explain basic cryptography concepts.
- Implement a public key infrastructure.
- Implement identity and access management controls.
- Manage access services and accounts.
- Implement a secure network architecture.
- Install and configure security appliances.
- Install and configure wireless and physical access security.
- Deploy secure host, mobile, and embedded systems.
- Implement secure network access protocols.
- Implement secure network applications.
- Explain risk management and disaster recovery concepts.
- Describe secure application development concepts.
- Explain organizational security concepts.
- Identify basic network theory concepts and major network communications methods.
- Describe bounded network media.
- Describe unbounded network media.
- Identify the major types of network implementations.
- Identify TCP/IP addressing and data delivery methods.
- Analyze routing and switching technologies.
- Identify the components of a TCP/IP implementation.
- Analyze network security.
- Implement network security.
- Identify the components of a WAN implementation.
- Identify the components used in cloud computing and virtualization.
- Identify the components of a remote network implementation.
- Manage networks.
- Troubleshoot network issues.
- No required prerequisites for Security+ certification
- Recommended: CompTIA Network+ Certification and 2 years of technical networking experience with an emphasis on security, or equivalent knowledge, is recommended.
- Lectures 30
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 40 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Brochure Download
- Students 375
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
- 1 – Network Theory
- 2 – Bounded Network Media
- 3 – Unbounded Network Media
- 4 – Network Implementations
- 5 – TCP/IP Addressing and Data Delivery
- 6 – Routing and Switching
- 7 – TCP/IP Implementation
- 8 – Network Security Analysis
- 9 – Network Security Implementation
- 10 – WAN Infrastructure
- 11 – Cloud and Virtualization Techniques
- 12 – Remote Networking
- 13 – Network Management
- 14 – Troubleshooting Network Issues
- 1 – Comparing and Contrasting Attacks
- 2 – Comparing and Contrasting Security Controls
- 3 – Assessing Security Posture with Software Tools
- 4 – Explaining Basic Cryptography Concepts
- 5 – Implementing a Public Key Infrastructure
- 6 – Implementing Identity and Access Management Controls
- 7 – Managing Access Services and Accounts
- 8 – Implementing a Secure Network Architecture
- 9 – Installing and Configuring Security Appliances
- 10 – Installing and Configuring Wireless and Physical Access Security
- 11 – Deploying Secure Host, Mobile, and Embedded Systems
- 12 – Implementing Secure Network Access Protocols
- 13 – Implementing Secure Network Applications
- 14 – Explaining Risk Management and Disaster Recovery Concepts
- 15 – Summarizing Secure Application Development Concepts
- 16 – Explaining Organizational Security Concepts