On Demand $995.00
Virtual Class $2,495.00
Class Room $2,695.00
Course DescriptionThe CompTIA Cloud+ certification is a niche credential for IT professionals working in cloud computing environments. Cloud computing, which involves computing over a network of remote servers hosted on the Internet, has revolutionized the way the IT industry works. Business applications are now moving to the cloud and cloud computing jobs are getting more lucrative. CompTIA Cloud+ certification validates the cloud methodologies and terminologies that are used to successfully implement, maintain, and deliver cloud infrastructure. With the research showing that more than 90% of end-user companies, including government and corporate organizations are now adopting some form of cloud computing, a certification in this platform almost ensures a career spike for IT professionals. This course will reinforce all the cloud concepts and models, explain object storage concepts, and also cover virtualization from both a business as well as a technical perspective. You will learn the differences between hypervisor types and will also get hands-on experience in installing, configuring, and managing virtual machines and devices. The courseware is accredited by the Cloud Credential Council and marked as CompTIA approved quality content.
Program ObjectivesIn this course, you will deploy, test, secure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot a cloud solution. You will:
- Prepare to deploy cloud solutions
- Deploy a pilot project
- Test a pilot project deployment
- Design a secure network for cloud deployment
- Determine CPU and memory sizing for cloud deployments
- Determine storage requirements for cloud deployments
- Plan Identity and Access Management for cloud deployments
- Analyze workload characteristics to ensure successful migration to the cloud
- Secure systems to meet access requirements
- Maintain cloud systems
- Implement backup, restore, and business continuity measures
- Analyze cloud systems for required performance
- Analyze cloud systems for anomalies and growth forecasting
- Troubleshoot deployment, capacity, automation, and orchestration issues
- Troubleshoot connectivity issues
- Troubleshoot security issues
- This course is designed for individuals who have basic computer user skills and who are interested in obtaining a job as an entry-level IT technician.
- HS Diploma/GED
- Lectures 32
- Domains 5
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 40 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Brochure Download
- Students 551
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
1.0 Configuration and Deployment
- Given a scenario, analyze system requirements to ensure successful system deployment.
- Given a scenario, execute a provided deployment plan.
- Given a scenario, analyze system requirements to determine if a given testing plan is appropriate.
- Given a scenario, analyze testing results to determine if the testing was successful in relation to given system requirements.
- Given a scenario, analyze sizing, subnetting, and basic routing for a provided deployment of the virtual network.
- Given a scenario, analyze CPU and memory sizing for a provided deployment.
- Given a scenario, analyze the appropriate storage type and protection capability for a provided deployment.
- Given a scenario, analyze characteristics of the workload (storage, network, compute) to ensure a successful migration.
- Given a scenario, apply elements required to extend the infrastructure into a given cloud solution.
- Given a scenario, apply security configurations and compliance controls to meet given cloud infrastructure requirements.
- Given a scenario, apply the appropriate ACL to the target objects to meet access requirements according to a security template.
- Given a cloud service model, implement defined security technologies to meet given security requirements.
- Given a cloud service model, apply the appropriate security automation technique to the target system.
- Given a cloud service model, determine the appropriate methodology to apply given patches.
- Given a scenario, apply the appropriate automation tools to update cloud elements.
- Given a scenario, apply an appropriate backup or restore method.
- Given a cloud-based scenario, apply appropriate disaster recovery methods.
- Given a cloud-based scenario, apply the appropriate steps to ensure business continuity.
- Given a scenario, apply the appropriate maintenance automation technique to the target objects.
- Given a scenario, analyze defined metrics to determine the presence of an abnormality and/or forecast future needed cloud resources.
- Given a scenario, determine the appropriate allocation of cloud resources.
- Given a scenario, determine when to provision/deprovision cloud resources.
- Given a scenario, implement account provisioning techniques in a cloud environment to meet security and policy requirements.
- Given a scenario, analyze deployment results to confirm they meet the baseline.
- Given a specific environment and related data (e.g., performance, capacity, trends), apply appropriate changes to meet expected criteria.
- Given SLA requirements, determine the appropriate metrics to report.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot a deployment issue.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot common capacity issues.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot automation/orchestration issues.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot connectivity issues.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot security issues.
- Given a scenario, explain the troubleshooting methodology.